Life coaching addresses people who have a complex view on life, and who intend to make positive changes in their lives.
Life coaching offers support in identifying goals, maintaining self-confidence, and creating a focal point for its beneficiary, by better defining their goals and developing new abilities that will help them lead a balanced life.
Life coaching is a partnership which assumes a unique professional relationship. It is meant to help identify and fulfil those objectives that truly define a person. The person will be involved in a process of self-discovery, of establishing their goals and of implementing an action plan.
Why have a coach?
- Because you want more !
- Because you want to be more productive!
- Because you want to discover new ways in doing things!
- Because so far you’ve tried to do the right thing, but now you are prepared to do what you desire, understanding that you always have a choice!
- Because you want to invest in your personal growth!
- Because you are looking for new meanings on life and work!
- Because you want to enjoy life as it is!
- Because you want to be a winner!
Life Coaching supports you in all aspects of life: family, carrier, relationships, your environment environment, health, spirituality. It is for people who truly wish to lead successful life!
Life Coaching focuses on aspects where you need the greatest support. Ask yourself:
- If I continue as I have until now, how will my future look like in a year, infive or ten years from now?
- What could accelerate my evolution?
- What are my goals? Are they based on my real values?
- Am I really happy most of the time?
- Where am I now in a relationship and where do I want to be?
- Do I live and work in an appropriate environment?
- Do I have a clear view on my interests, talents and values?
- Do I feel peaceful and calm when I think about my future?
- Are people treating me the way I deserve to be treated?
- Do I have everything I need? Am I grateful for what I have now?
- Is my mind free of worries, regrets and self-accusations?
Each coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify and work on the issues the client wishes to change;
- Encourage the client to self-discover;
- Choose the strategies and solutions identified by the client himself;
- Maintain and support client responsibility.
For each coaching session the client chooses the topic while the coach listens and contributes with observations and clarifying questions. Such an interaction brings clarity to the client’s thoughts and leads them to focus on action. Coaching analyzes the current situation and what they would like to achieve in the near future.
How is Life Coaching different from consultancy, from therapy and from having a friend who supports you?
Coaching is not consultancy. Consultancy implies giving advice, contributing with expertise, or telling people what they should do. Coaching is assisting the person in finding solutions on their own. A coach starts from the idea that the client has all the necessary resources to make the desired changes, including the ability to discover and utilize these resources. Interestingly, people progress much faster when they are not given solutions.
Coaching is not therapy. Therapy brings about understanding of the past and aims to create passage from a dysfunctional state to a functional state while coaching proposes the transition from a functional state to the optimal state. Unlike psychoanalysis, coaching focuses on the present. The coach is there for his/her client and helps them identify their challenges, in order to work together and transform them, focusing on strengthening the client’s abilities.
Friends are extraordinary in life, but they cannot always be as objective as a coach. A coach offers a different perspective on the truth because he/she is not emotionally involved in the relationship.
How long does coaching last?
Most coaching commitments are of minimum 3 months, but the relationship with a coach may be terminated at any time, if this partnership is not beneficial for the client.
What are the advantages of coaching?
- Gaining balance in all aspects of life;
- Achieving better communication;
- Going from analyzing challenges to a positive action by overcoming internal and external blockages;
- A better understanding of life by elaborating a personal view based on own, authentic values;
- Gaining clarity and focus on what you want from life, by establishing objectives and defining priorities;
- Aligning the way of life with the purpose in life;
- Creating an action plan that would sustain your life;
- Receiving assistance from someone who trusts you;
- Improving performances;
- Improving the capacity of making decisions.